MAKAIA assumed the operation of the Corporate Social Responsibility program of the company TigoUne: Promotion of the responsible digital lifestyle in 2017. In 2018, based on a study conducted by the Telecommunications Company and EAFIT University to learn about the uses that Colombian children and adolescents make of the Internet, the CSR program was restructured and Contigo Conectados was born.
This new strategy develops an innovative proposal focused on mitigating the risks and enhancing the opportunities in the use of Internet that minors make, as well as on promoting digital skills in parents, teachers and caregivers who accompany them. Added to this, is the Corporate Volunteer Program, which sought to add forces to have greater scope with the projects in the country.
MAKAIA then assumes the operation of the new strategy of the company, which is part of our line of action “Technology for the Social Change”, contributing from the social management in each of the regions in which it has a presence, to the design of specific contents aimed at the target audiences and the coordination of corporate volunteering.
September 2017 – September 2019
Barranquilla, Bogotá, Bucaramanga, Cali, Cartagena, Envigado, Girón, Itagüí, Medellín, Montería, Palmira, Pereira, Sincelejo and Tuluá
Children and Youth. Parents, adult caregivers and seniors citizens. Teachers of public and private educational institutions of the country.
Contigo Conectados project is developed with a methodology that has starts from the study carried out by EAFIT University for TigoUne, in which proposals are made from the design thinking centered on human and open social innovation that include five phases: inspiration, ideation, prototyping, validation and implementation.
This methodology also uses the ICT Adoption Model built by MAKAIA, that identifies the need of each one of the public, and builds a proposal of adoption from there (from the uses that are given to technology in everyday life), considering that it also allows economic, social and cultural development. This approach help us to guarantee that Contigo Conectados promotes a technological adoption focused on the responsible and creative use of the Internet from simple activities such as reading a story or arguing from a situation.
- Project for children (between 7 and 12 years old). Through the reading of texts aloud, textual and audiovisual production and some argumentation exercises, children explore the opportunities offered by the Internet.
- Project for young people (13 years old and up). Through a board game, young people, in their role as players, explore and approach multiple data and situations that they experience in social networks.
- Mediation talk. It seeks to provide conceptual and practical elements for teachers, parents and / or caregivers to accompany children and young people in the creative and responsible use of the Internet from our proposal of proactive mediation.
- Pedagogical Guides (teachers from all areas). Provide methodological elements and conceptual to guide the teacher in the realization of activities that promote the development of a responsible and creative use of the Internet.
- Digital literacy (caregivers and seniors). Through workshops on different Internet tools, seeks to bring caregivers and adults older people to digital literacy processes taking proactive mediation as a transversal axis.
- Development of Social Management in Territory (Bogotá, Antioquia, Valle, Eje Cafetero, Santander, Atlantic Coast). From the presentation of the new strategy, social management has focused on its implementation in each of the regions of the country.
- Definition, planning and execution of the corporate volunteering program. More than 500 volunteers trained in the country and three field trips during the first 3 months of program execution, benefiting more than 14,767 people.
- Graduation of 1092 people who passed the digital literacy courses offered at the 2 Telecentres in 2018.
- In total, 83,395 people have benefited from the program.