¡Fake news does exist!
Media ecosystems are used to categorizing all falsehood as fake news. However, there are differences between the types of disinformation that abound in digital media. But there are also other categories of disinformation.
Learn to identify with these simple steps the difference between: Disinformation, Incorrect Information and Malicious Information.
• Disinformation: Audiovisual content manufactured or deliberately manipulated. With conspiracy theories or intentionally created rumors.
• Misinformation: An unintentional error such as an incorrect photo, caption, date, statistic or translation, or even when a skit is taken literally.
• Malicious information: The deliberate publication of private information with personal or corporate interests instead of public ones, such as revenge porn. Deliberately changing the context or date of genuine content.
You can differentiate the types of disinformation, now you can learn to categorize the types of disinformation.
¿Did you know that there were types of disinformation and categories?
• Misleading Content: Misleading content uses information to negatively target a problem or a person.
• False Content: When real content is shared with false contextual information.
• Fabricated Content: New content is 100% false and designed to mislead and harm.
• Manipulated Content: It happens when genuine information or images are manipulated in order to deceive.
• Impostor Content: Refers to supplanting genuine sources.
• False Connection: There is no relationship between the titles, photos or captions and the content.
• Satire and Parody: There is no intention to generate harm, but the potential for mockery.
Become an expert in digital misinformation, we have 5 free and certified courses to combat digital misinformation.